At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
Blend is looking for a Content Writer to join the Marketing team. We’re looking for a seasoned writer to create compelling content and drive outreach efforts to prospective lenders and candidates. This is an ideal role for someone who can tailor content to different key audiences. You’ll also need to be able to adapt to many different content formats, including email, Web copy, longer-form thought pieces, social media copy, blog content, one-pagers, overview materials, and more. This is a startup environment where we’re still figuring a lot of things out - you, along with most others here, will wear a lot of different hats.
- Write high-quality content and assets to drive top-of-funnel awareness of Blend and its product and nurture existing prospects
- Execute a variety of content, from messaging and email content to blog posts and thought leadership articles
- Work with the marketing team and other key stakeholders to develop a clear and consistent voice for Blend
- Develop and maintain Blend’s content calendar and execute on deliverables in timely manner
- Create a steady cadence of content across channels and audiences
- 3 to 6 years experience in writing, either in a marketing organization or news outlet
- Deep understanding of tone, style, and strategy
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially when it comes to spelling, grammar, and correct style
- Empathetic for different user groups and stakeholders
- Resourceful, creative, and self-driven, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Team player: can work collaboratively and cross-functionally
Nice to Haves
- Startup/tech experience preferred, but not necessary
- Journalism degree
- Fintech or mortgage experience