Software Engineer, Back-End - Disclosures & eClose
San Francisco, New York
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Engineering
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
One of the most important parts of buying a home is viewing and signing disclosure packages. These documents explain what getting a mortgage entails. Your job would be helping to build a system to deliver these documents to borrowers. Sounds simple right? Well it turns out there it’s more involved than you would think. At a high level there are three main problems to solve in order to issue a package. First, we need to grab the latest data from all the systems we integrate with. This means we need to solve how to keep data from multiple systems in sync. Second, we need to create the package in Blend in such a way that borrower can interact with it. Lastly, we need to track when each borrower views, signs, and completes the package.
Now to make it more fun, and we need to build all of the above in a way that any partner can easily plugin to our disclosures solution. These partners could be involved in any of the three problems listed above. As you can see we have a lot to do.
How you'll contribute:
- Building a disclosures platform for partners to integrate into Blend
- Building one of the first e-close solutions
- Helping Blend fully transition to microservices
Who you are:
- Have experience building platforms and APIs for other developers to use
- Enjoy building point-to-point and event based integrations
- Design systems with resilience and quality top of mind
- Proactively think about potential failure scenarios and how to handle them properly
The tools we use:
- Typescript with Node.js
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.