Product Manager - Disclosures
San Francisco /
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Product /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
One of the most important parts of buying a home is viewing and signing disclosure packages. These documents explain what getting a mortgage entails. Your job would be helping to build and enhance a system to deliver these documents to borrowers. Sounds simple right? Well it turns out there it’s more involved than you would think. At a high level there are three main problems to solve in order to issue a package. First, we need to grab the latest data from all the systems we integrate with. This means we need to solve how to keep data from multiple systems in sync. Second, we need to create the package in Blend in such a way that borrower can interact with it. Lastly, we need to track when each borrower views, signs, and completes the package.
Now to make it more fun, we need to build all of the above in a way that any partner can easily plugin to our disclosures solution. These partners could be involved in any of the three problems listed above. As you can see we have a lot to do.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of the Disclosures strategy. You will use your strong technical acumen to tackle technically complex challenges across domains such as document data extraction and workflow automation. You will be infinitely curious, developing a deep understanding of the mortgage industry and Blend’s customers business process.
How you'll contribute:
- Drive execution of your team’s roadmap by clearly defining and communicating the roadmap and priority, and ensuring that your team has the critical inputs to ship features on time with high quality
- Collaborate closely with engineering and design teams to ship and iterate for maximum impact and quick learning(including crafting strategies and specs, driving alignment and reviews, managing in-flight work, and understanding and sharing outcomes)
- Thoughtfully challenge assumptions and push cross-functional teams to find better solutions while also moving fast
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Business Development to identify the appropriate go-to-market and partnership strategies
Who you are:
- 5+years experience building extraordinary software as a Product Manager
- The ability to make decisions in the face of uncertainty and with incomplete information, and an eagerness to learn from the outcomes
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- A desire to move fast and act with confident humility
- Experience launching new products and/or growing products beyond a pilot phase
- Experience in enterprise software, financial services, and/or lending
- Experience building API-driven platforms and working with third-party systems
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Paid Developmental Opportunities (courses, workshops, etc)
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.