Backend Quality Engineer
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most significant purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
As a backend quality engineer you will participate throughout the product development life cycle. Owning complete functional areas, you will define test approaches and strategies covering overall end-to-end quality scenarios as well as functional, performance and scale-out testing of our backend components.
You will collaborate closely with PM, QA, Engineering, and Customer Support teams on core Blend features. You will be responsible for developing and executing tests and test plans for our backend components, testing the performance of the Blend platform at scale, and building representative test datasets.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Design and perform test plans for testing system backend components, ensuring product’s quality and coverage
- Test the performance of the Blend platform and APIs under scaled out testing representative of production usage
- Design and implement test strategies/test cases that will be utilized across multiple test and development teams
- Finding, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk
- Continually refine your tests because you're never satisfied that you've covered enough
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years testing experience in a fast paced Agile based testing environment
- Strong development skills for scripting performance tests, and generating/querying datasets
- Experience writing detailed test cases
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems and QA challenges
- Strong communication and organization skills. Must be a self-starter, quick learner, attentive to details and capable of multi-tasking
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, TestRail, Jenkins