Software Engineer - Applications Specialist
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We are a financial technology company with a product that affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product provides a clear and guided path to a new home, and for lenders, it streamlines their work process, enabling employees to spend more time assisting customers, rather than performing repetitive or manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing the mortgage industry, and consumer finance more generally, we believe everybody wins.
We’re looking for talented software developers, analysts, and scientists, who are driven to understand how complex systems work and who enjoy solving challenging problems to join our diverse and fast-growing engineering team. As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for the end to end technical implementation of new features, understanding the business logic of our product, developing a broad base of knowledge about the information that flows through our system, and communicating requirements across teams. If you are an analytical thinker who loves breaking apart complex processes and implementing new ideas in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, we want to hear from you!
We’re motivated by the fact that our product doesn’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area. People buying homes and applying for loans all across America are using and benefiting from our software every day as we continue to revolutionize a fundamental sector and foundational element of the U.S. economy. We were founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, and are currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Great communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to a variety of stakeholders
- Facility navigating through a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Eagerness and ability to rapidly learn new skills, technologies and concepts
- A working familiarity with computer science fundamentals
Nice to Haves
- Prior industry experience as a software engineer (or domain knowledge in home lending, though not required)
- Advanced degree or experience in a quantitative or scientific field
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District next to public transportation
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time