At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
Product Designers translate user insights into decisions that make our products useful and usable. From developing concepts and specs, to designing new interactions and components, your job will be bringing simplicity and transparency to the complex, confusing industry of consumer finance.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive mindset towards making things happen. We want designers who understand the big picture, take ownership, and solve problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
- Craft thoughtful user experiences across Blend's entire product
- Own the development of features from upfront research through execution
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency across Blend's entire product
- 2+ years experience doing design full-time
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in product design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Strength in systems thinking
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product team
- Command of HTML/CSS, or another presentation-layer framework
- Has shipped something that people use
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time