At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
Ideally, you're someone who’s driven to tackle hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
Product Designers translate user insights into decisions that make our products useful and usable. From developing concepts and specs, to crafting new interactions and components, your job will be bringing simplicity and transparency to the complex, confusing industry of consumer finance.
You have an enthusiastic mindset towards making things happen. We want designers who understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Craft thoughtful user experiences across Blend's entire product
- Own the development of features from upfront research through execution
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency across Blend's entire product
- 2+ years experience doing design full-time
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in product design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Strength in systems thinking
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product team
- Command of HTML/CSS, or another presentation-layer framework
- Has shipped something that people use