Blend Labs is fixing the buying experience for one of the most important purchases people make - their home. Home lending is a $10 trillion vertical that hasn’t kept pace with technology, so we’re bringing banks and their customers the consumer-grade tools they deserve.
At Blend, top engineers and designers from Palantir, Google, Stanford, and Caltech have joined forces with industry experts to disrupt the archaic systems in use today. We're founded by former Palantir engineers and backed by Peter Thiel, Andreessen Horowitz, and other prominent investors.
Your job will be tackling the complex, slow-moving legacy of the home lending industry. You'll use your insights to make our products useful and usable. The ideal candidate will have a proactive mindset towards making things happen. We want designers who understand the big picture, take ownership, and solve problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
- Entirely responsible for all of Blend's UX
- Own the development of features from sketches to wireframes to HTML prototypes
- Craft the user experience through user research, wireframes, and unifying interaction patterns
- Take full responsibility of feature development from concept to design to collaborating with engineering through execution
- Strong portfolio showing off experience creating great user experiences
- Ability to implement your designs in HTML/CSS
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- 2 years previous experience doing Design full-time
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Public transportation pass
- Flexible work hours and vacation time