Content Designer, Homebuying Journey
San Francisco /
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Design /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
When it comes to buying a home, getting a mortgage is but one step along a journey of additionally required services—each with its own supplemental agent and experience. From shopping with a real estate agent, evaluating home insurance policies, to coordinating moving services, the process is long, confusing, and disjointed. Uniting this ecosystem into a holistic 11-star experience for consumers is the domain of the Homebuying Journey team. We’re looking for a Content Designer whose curiosity and drive will propel this next generation experience.
Content Designers are system architects, using language as a design material to solve problems for the people and businesses using our products. From strategizing how information can best be sequenced to crafting outstanding user interface copy that helps our users succeed in their goals, you have an informed point of view as to how better experiences can be built through content, especially across large, complex workflows.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Given the nature and scope of the role, domain knowledge in financial services is highly valuable, though not required.
How you'll contribute:
- Work alongside designers, PMs, engineers, and research to craft thoughtful experiences
- Understand, construct, and improve our products, focusing on system design and solving problems using language
- Craft user interface copy that is clear and educational, enabling our users to succeed
- Help refine concepts and definitions within our system
- Build and evolve our standards to ensure we always sound personal and connected with our users
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency across Blend's entire product
- Execute in a dynamic environment with ambiguity
Who you are:
- Strong experience in product content design, content strategy, and/or information architecture
- A strong understanding of product design, including system design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain decisions
- Experience designing and iterating on user interfaces
- Ability to think deeply about why and how language and interfaces work together, with a clear point of view as to the impact of language on design
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams
- Has shipped something that people use
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.