EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Engineering
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Quality Engineer you will work with Engineering and Product to grow, maintain, and be responsible for the test suite for Blend's products. You will be embedded with different teams in Engineering to improve our test coverage and ensure standard methodologies are being followed to ensure reliable and fast testing. You will also collaborate closely with QA Automation engineers to determine automation priorities and opportunities.
How You'll Contribute:
- Work closely with broader product development team to antagonistically test Blend's software and identify issues with new releases
- Use problem resolution techniques and processes
- Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk
- Continually refine tests and seek to break the application with exploratory and negative testing
- Organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Work well under pressure to meet due dates
Who You Are:
- 1+ years testing experience in a dynamic Agile based testing environment
- Experienced in writing detailed test cases
- Able to work independently and take initiative to tackle problems and QA challenges
- A self-starter, fast learner, attentive to details, and master multi-tasker
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Postman
- Experience with mobile application testing
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.