Thousands of times every year, someone will go through the process of buying a home. This process is stressful, time-consuming, and full of uncertainty. When you're making one of the biggest and most important financial decisions of your life, you should feel confident, empowered, and happy. At Blend, we are making this a reality.
We’re an enterprise technology company focusing on building a product that will improve the entire lending ecosystem. For home buyers, this means a clear, guided, and, dare we say it, even fun path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy.
As our very first Writer, you will work closely with product, marketing and design to develop and own the voice of Blend. You’ll function as editor-in-chief, establishing strategies for clear and cohesive messaging frameworks that can scale across channels, as well as managing and producing web content and in-product copy. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about pioneering simplicity and clarity in an industry that is archaic and complex.
- Develop strategy around tone and messaging that is consistent and resonant across all marketing channels as well as product user base
- Manage and produce a variety of projects including web content & in-product copy
- Set up content authoring tools and processes across the company
- Steward quality and consistency by coaching other non-writers, as well as editing and clarifying their work
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and craft thoughtful content across all mediums
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Please include samples of your work showing a breadth of experience across a range of content types. This can include articles, web copy, marketing collateral, in-product copy or launch content, direct emails, campaigns, blog posts, and/or style guides.
- You will be excited to work cross-functionally, and have a love for words and writing
- Nice to Haves:
- Experience in financial tech or strong curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience managing contract writers and outside resources
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time