Homeownership is a part of the American Dream. And yet the process is stressful, time-consuming, and full of uncertainty. When you're making one of the biggest and most important financial decisions of your life, you should feel confident, empowered, and happy. At Blend, we are making this a reality.
We’re an enterprise technology company building a product that will improve the entire lending ecosystem. For homebuyers, this means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers rather than repeating burdensome, manual tasks. Our product doesn't just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area— but people all over America. We are laying the groundwork for a better-functioning, more sustainable lending industry.
We're building a smart, tight-knit, diverse team of problem solvers who want to change this industry for the better, and positively impact millions of people in the process. We are motivated by challenge, and nothing excites us more than solving hard problems. We work hard, together, and with respect.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to join the design team, partnering closely with product, marketing and other key stakeholders to develop and steward the voice of Blend. You’ll help establish strategies for clear and cohesive messaging frameworks that can scale across channels, as well as managing and producing web content and in-product copy. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about pioneering simplicity and clarity in an industry that is archaic and complex.
- Develop strategy around tone and messaging that is consistent and resonant across various internal and external channels, as well as product user base
- Manage and produce a variety of projects including web content & in-product copy
- Set up content authoring tools and processes across the company
- Steward quality and consistency by coaching other non-writers, as well as editing and clarifying their work
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and craft thoughtful content across all mediums
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Please include samples of your work showing a breadth of experience across a range of content types. This can include articles, web copy, marketing collateral, in-product copy or launch content, direct emails, campaigns, blog posts, and/or style guides.
- You will be excited to work cross-functionally, and have a love for words and writing
- Experience in financial tech or strong curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience managing contract writers and outside resources
Nice to Haves:
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time