At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to join the design team, partnering closely with product, marketing and other key stakeholders to develop and steward the voice of Blend. You’ll help establish strategies for clear and cohesive messaging frameworks that can scale across channels, as well as managing and producing web content and in-product copy. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about pioneering simplicity and clarity in an industry that is archaic and complex.
- Develop strategy around tone and messaging that is consistent and resonant across various internal and external channels, as well as product user base
- Manage and produce a variety of projects including web content & in-product copy
- Set up content authoring tools and processes across the company
- Steward quality and consistency by coaching other non-writers, as well as editing and clarifying their work
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and craft thoughtful content across all mediums
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Please include samples of your work showing a breadth of experience across a range of content types. This can include articles, web copy, marketing collateral, in-product copy or launch content, direct emails, campaigns, blog posts, and/or style guides.
- You will be excited to work cross-functionally, and have a love for words and writing
- Experience in financial tech or strong curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience managing contract writers and outside resources
Nice to Haves: