At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to take on hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
Brand Designers bring the Blend brand to life. From the fit and finish of all our customer and employee interactions, to counseling internal partners on creative decisions, Brand Designers partner with Marketing, Sales, Services, and People Operations to steward our brand's experiences.
Our ideal candidate will have a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. We want designers who understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Provide creative direction and guidance to internal clients
- Design pixel-perfect comps and steward visual excellence across all user touchpoints
- Collaborate with and manage external vendors to realize your work
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Develop content with support from copywriters and internal stakeholders
- 4 years previous experience doing Design full-time
- Experience leading design engagements independently
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in visual design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Produced work that's been used or seen by people