Thousands of times every year, someone will go through the process of buying a home. This process is stressful, time-consuming, and full of uncertainty. When you're making one of the biggest and most important financial decisions of your life, you should feel confident, empowered, and...happy! At Blend, we are making this a reality.
We’re an enterprise technology company focusing on building a product that will improve the entire lending ecosystem. For homebuyers, this means a clear, guided, and, dare we say it, even fun path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy.
We're building a strong, tight-knit, diverse team of problem solvers who want to change this industry for the better, and impact millions of people in the process. We are motivated by challenge, and nothing excites us more than solving hard problems. We work hard, together, and with respect.
As a Product Expert at Blend, you will work directly with the Product Management team, and play an integral part in building the technology that powers the future of lending. You bring extensive knowledge and expertise about the lending industry and will advise internal stakeholders on various facets of the mortgage lending process, including originations, loan processing, and underwriting. You will be customer-facing, and will interface between employees at Blend and our customers. You are a problem-solver at heart, have a bias for action, and are willing to build strength in areas of the industry that you don't currently possess.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance regarding the mortgage lending process to internal teams (product, design, engineering, deployments, compliance, legal)
- Contribute to development of product features as a member of the Product Management team
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful rollouts/implementations with new customers
- Conduct training sessions to help employees get up to speed on the mortgage lending industry, introduce new product features, and provide context on the lending ecosystem outside of BlendTravel for customer meetings, conferences, and industry events (~1 trip per month)
- 5+ years experience with a mortgage lender as a loan originator, underwriter, or operations employee
- Deep knowledge of underwriting practices, policies, and investor guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stay on top of ever-changing industry regulations and rules
- Willing to work in San Francisco, CA
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time