Software Engineer, Backend - App Engine
San Francisco /
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Engineering /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The App Engine Team builds a framework that provides the backbone of the microservices architecture at Blend. Our mission is to provide a scalable system that enables product teams to build new features with speed and quality.
The app engine handles the interaction between the UI, the platform, and the microservices that host the business logic in our application. It contains several large scale systems controllers: a state machine that manages transitions between different forms in which the user to fill out information to complete an application, a data request dispatcher that manages data setter and getter requests between different services, a pub-sub system to enable services to react to data changes in other services, a rules engine to dynamically add and remove workflows based on data updates, and a registry of components, workflows, and data fields present in these services.
The challenges we face are highly technical and highly impactful for other engineering teams in the company! We are looking for engineers who are passionate about distributed systems design, performance optimization, software architecture and scalability. You are a strong collaborator who is willing to work with feature development teams to understand their needs from the platform, to design solutions that fulfill their immediate needs but that also establish good patterns for the long-term scalability and maintainability of the application.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working on high-quality production software
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams, you've worked in cross collaborating teams before
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others succeed and be productive (along with a consistent record of doing so to date)
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript or Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.