At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
We’re looking for talented software engineers to join our diverse and fast-growing engineering team. As a software engineer, you’ll work throughout the stack, from large-scale data processing to web UI. Specifically, you will be responsible for building new features and functionality enabling our company to deliver mission-critical software to major mortgage lenders. If you are a hacker with a strong understanding of CS fundamentals and are excited by a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, we want to hear from you!
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Perfectionist coding tendencies
Nice to haves
- Prior industry experience as a software engineer (domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending not required)
- Experience at a rapid-growth startup
- Web app development experience
- Experience building native mobile apps