Software Engineer - San Francisco / New York
San Francisco, New York /
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Engineering /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for talented software engineers to join our diverse and fast-growing engineering team. As a software engineer, you’ll work throughout the stack, from large-scale data processing to web UI. Specifically, you will be responsible for building new features and functionality enabling our company to deliver critical software to major mortgage lenders. If you are a developer with a deep understanding of CS fundamentals and are excited by a dynamic, collaborative work environment, we want to hear from you!
Who you are:
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Eagerness and ability to rapidly learn new skills, technologies and concepts, taking personal initiative to execute on projects
- 4+ years industry experience as a software engineer
- Web app development experience
- 4+ years of experience in application development
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.