At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
User Researchers discover the insights our teams depend on to make good decisions. From identifying research areas, to devising studies, to quantitative investigations, User Researchers partner with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to bring clarity and perspective to areas of uncertainty.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about pioneering simplicity and clarity in an industry that is archaic and complex, and knows that getting there requires a deep empathy for improving the core experience for our users.
As the first role of its kind at Blend, the ideal candidate will understand the big picture, have a proactive mindset towards making things happen, take ownership, and solve problems wherever they arise. Domain knowledge in enterprise software or home lending is not required.
- Conduct qualitative research to intimately understand the behavior, incentives, and lifestyles of our users
- Partner with data scientists to synthesize quantitative results to develop a fuller picture
- Synthesize and communicate insights to inform and inspire strategic decisions and design solutions
- Translate research insights into powerful stories, presentations, reports, or workshops that build empathy across the organization, and help shape the direction of our product
- 5 years previous experience doing User Research full-time
- Portfolio of case studies that demonstrate mastery of qualitative research, with experience conducting 1:1 interviews, moderating group conversations, running live prototype sessions, administering surveys, and engaging with users remotely
- Captivating and influential storyteller, with experience using media to bring people and their problems to life
- Experience working with product management, design, and engineering teams at a product-based software company
- Several examples of applying research insights to generate design solutions that have actually shipped
- Willingness to travel and be on-site frequently, interfacing directly with our customers