Blink Health is fixing the broken, opaque, and unfair nature of healthcare. We are a New York based, mission driven, well-funded healthcare technology company. We’re changing healthcare through technology and transparency. We’re working to bring everyone access to one, low negotiated price on over 15,000 medications, but there is more work to do.
We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious, aggressively collaborative and cross functional team dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. We're currently assembling the experienced and talented team to get this done.
About The Team
Blink Engineering strives to build trusted, highly observable, data-driven products that provide affordable, accessible healthcare to all Americans. We understand healthcare is the most complex system most of us will ever fix. We believe in solving this complexity through the use of simple, well-known technologies. We are a highly collaborative team that believes in owning outcomes over owning code and putting patients at the center of everything we do.
The Infrastructure team enables developers to develop, deploy and observe with quickness, ease, and confidence. We are a small team making a large impact through the building of developer tools and server infrastructure automation.
About The Role
As part of the Infrastructure Team, You Will:
- Build and improve tooling to help other teams achieve their goals and improve performance.
- Troubleshoot performance issues and metric anomalies.
- Advocate for and train fellow developers in operational best practices.
- Perform peer code and architecture reviews.
- Participate in on-call rotation and improve our run-books.
- Collaborate with your team to architect, develop and document new systems and tooling.
- You are a tool builder who cares about developer productivity, system stability, and performance.
- You have a moderate to deep knowledge in networking, provisioning, and server configuration management coupled with strong software development skills, and you know how to apply the latter to the former.
- You know when to pull solutions off the shelf and when to build your own.
- You are excited to build world class services and systems that support our production systems.
- You have experience building and supporting customer facing, web-scale production infrastructure on AWS.
- You have experience with some or all of our stack: Python, AWS, MySQL, Redshift, Linux, Docker, Ansible, and nginx.