Product Designer, Visual Specialist
We are looking for a talented Product Designer, Visual Specialist to join our team. Blink Health is a Manhattan-based venture-backed healthcare technology company. Blink’s mission is to use technology to make healthcare affordable for everyone. The company’s first product allows all Americans access to the lowest prices on their prescription medications.
The Product Designer, Visual Specialist will shape our visual design efforts. You will weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. You will drive vision for the visual design of new features, and craft and polish every detail in the product. In addition to being an expert in creating high-quality visuals, you are an empathetic advocate for our users and expert in user-centered-design standards. You’ll collaborate with larger design team to constantly refine Blink Health’s design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
We are looking for a designer who is a true visual craftsperson. You will set the bar for visual quality and rigor in our digital products. You should be passionate about scaling design systems and know how to strike a balance between being rigid, in order to uphold the value of the system, and flexible to continuously evolve.
- Drive vision for the visual design of new features
- Set the standard for visual design and polish in our products
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- Create tools that document visual systems and design components in order to enable more effective design communication.
- You’ll guide, improve and implement visual design process.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and contribute to longer-term planning and prioritization.
- Review and visually refactor earlier pages with the design system
- Experience designing outstanding web and mobile-based products for a consumer-oriented product.
- Recognized as a domain expert in visual design, with a proven ability to consistently transform complex ideas and information into simple, graceful, and polished solutions.
- Strong interaction design skills and attention to detail – you create design systems and intuitive patterns for users.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Five years of directly related visual product design work experience. Three years of experience required for those holding a Master’s degree.
- Online portfolio that showcases strong sense of layout design, visual hierarchy, use of color and typography across web and mobile products.
- Experience at both start-ups and larger category-leading design organizations is a bonus.
- Big plus if you’re technical — you’re familiar with the technologies required to create component frameworks. Bonus points if you’re savvy in HTML/CSS.