Brand Marketing Manager – Outreach & Integrated Brand Activities
Marketing – Brand Marketing
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
To further consolidate our brand’s position as the leading microlearning nonfiction book app, we need someone to help us to set up, manage, and measure creative integrated marketing campaigns as well as to contribute to future brand projects that boost Blinkist brand awareness. We also need someone to build and manage relationships with key figures in the world of nonfiction and contribute to brand-building efforts.
– Boosting the Blinkist brand in the world of nonfiction by acting as an integral touchpoint for Blinkist brand activities
– Being a centre of intelligence for brand relations: building meaningful relationships with prominent, relevant figures and facilitating creative collaborations between these figures and podcast, content, country managers, and channel managers
– Contribute to the evolution of the Blinkist brand by supporting production on brand projects; e.g. events, pop-up spaces, experiences etc.
– Facilitate the production of creative integrated brand campaigns that serve the Blinkist community and authors by working with key stakeholders in the marketing team. This will involve scheduling interviews, content creation sessions, debrief meetings, and more
– Ensure the successful delivery of campaigns by communicating across teams regarding campaign status, blockers, requirements, and deadlines
– Encourage a culture of learning by reporting on the performance of all campaigns and deriving and sharing learnings from each campaign
– Foster a creative environment by acting as a creative sparring partner in campaign ideation sessions and other brand-related projects
– 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
– A good grasp of the nonfiction publishing landscape (specifically UK & US)
– The ability to write, read, and speak English at a fluent level
– A great understanding of brand storytelling and brand positioning
– Pragmatism, with a data-driven approach to campaign reporting
– Experience with brand metrics and brand tracking tools
– A project manager mindset
– A strategic mindset
– Stellar communication skills and the ability to speak with lots of people from different areas of the team, from product to marketing
– Being a stickler for details and having the ability to keep a bird’s-eye view of lots of different projects
– [BONUS] experience with running multi-touchpoint marketing campaigns
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.