Web UI/UX Designer – Growth
Design – Product Design
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
As our Web UI/UX Designer, you will play a vital role in shaping the user experience and visual design of Blinkist.com and Blinkist Magazine. Blinkist.com is one of first destinations where millions of people with a desire to develop a learning habit can discover more about our product. And with Blinkist Magazine, we’re excited about showcasing smart, concise content. The Magazine already reaches thousands of engaged readers. We believe with the right designer on board, we can inspire even more curious people through our web platforms.
– Be a strong advocate for great customer experience by crafting thoughtful experiments for our web platforms, specifically Blinkist.com and Magazine
– Deliver real customer value using a hypothesis-driven design approach to frame and validate your design solutions
– Think strategically about how to ship designs in smaller parts to validate assumptions
– Iterate often and quickly using a data-informed approach
– Work closely within a cross-functional team to identify new opportunities for growth and prioritise promising ideas
– Help us make great UI design more efficient and flawless by maintaining web styleguides
– Work closely with the Brand team — and the wider Design team — to push your creative ideas further and contribute to exceptional design at Blinkist
– Champion design culture and customer needs within the Blinkist organisation
– At least 3 years of in-house/startup product design experience, ideally in a data-informed environment
– Experience designing for web, including responsive design
– A portfolio that demonstrates strong UX and visual design skills
– Clear communication skills; you’re able to justify your design work in a clear manner
– Plenty of enthusiasm and persistence; you know that testing can require many iterations and not all ideas will hit the mark the first time but you’re excited about trying different ideas to get there
– A clear, defined workflow and a process for solving problems
– The ability to accept and resolve design feedback graciously
– A collaborative spirit; you’re eager to share your work and you’re happy to provide feedback and suggestions to other team members designs, too.
– [Bonus] Experience with design systems
– [Bonus] Experience working within a team with a growth/conversion focus
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.