Engineering – Android
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for an Android developer to join our team and help accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to our users. This is where you come in! You will ship features that affect millions of users and have a direct impact on revenue while working with state-of-the-art technologies.
– Take responsibility for the Blinkist Android App from day one.
– Implement new features and polish the app by increasing stability, fixing bugs and thinking about the user experience.
– Interact closely with designers and product managers to propose and implement Android-suitable solutions.
– Conduct code reviews and participate in regular standups to ensure quality and alignment.
– Participate in a culture focused on mentorship and career growth.
– Experience in Android Development.
– Experience with Kotlin, or eagerness to work with it and learn along the way.
– Familiarity with dependency injection and reactive programming (Dagger, RxJava).
– Familiarity with testing (Espresso, JUnit).
– Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code.
– Be keen to work with best-practice agile development methods and to increase the team's effectiveness with each release.
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, flexible working hours, a meaningful product on the rise, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year (for your next Android conference ticket, for example), and you’ll get a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work at.
The Android team believes in mentorship and learning together - we meet every two weeks to discuss what is new on Android and participate in monthly engineering tech talks within the company. We also believe in giving back to the community, that’s why we host meetups and some of us share our knowledge through blogging and speaking.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do you have the room to move between product and development but we want this role of Android Developer to grow with you. If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.