Senior Agile Coach
Engineering – Agile
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new and exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is expanding quickly. As we scale our product development operations from two to 10+ cross-functional teams, we are looking for someone to help us level up our existing practices and the way we train, implement and live Agile principles.
As an Agile Coach at Blinkist you will work closely with a set of Scrum teams, either directly or through your mentees, to increase the overall agility and effectiveness of the whole organisation. You will be the center of expertise for shaping and growing a lean organization built upon the values and principles of Agile. You will ensure that the teams are empowered and equipped with the right knowledge, tools, and support to manage their time and work in the best way and deliver great results.
– Help scaling the number of cross-functional teams in the organisation
– Guiding newly created teams through the adoption of Scrum
– Educating and coaching team members to self-empowerment
– Measuring the teams’ effectiveness
– Expanding agile principles across the company
– Organising and facilitating training and workshops on agile topics
– You have 5+ years of Agile Coach experience
– You possess prior experience of coaching teams in Agile adoption
– You have an elaborate knowledge and understanding of the practicalities in the agile/lean space
– You have a proven ability to advise organizational development and design, as well as facilitate change towards the adoption of Agile principles - you’ve done it before, so you can do it again!
– You have excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills and are able to work effectively with various personalities in a cross-functional setting
– You have a range of skills in teaching, mentoring, facilitation & professional coaching which you combine into your own delivery style
– You have the basic knowledge of Agile technical practices, i.e. TDD, Rule of two, Continuous Delivery, test automation, etc.
[BONUS] You are a certified Agile Coach (CTC, CEC, CST, CAL I or CAL II), or Scrum Master L3 (CSP-SMorPSM III)
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.