Senior Product Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence – Business Intelligence
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At the core of Blinkist’s value offering lies a deep understanding of how our users benefit from our product and content. We constantly try to help users fit learning into their busy, modern lifestyles, and to get better at this, it’s essential to proactively improve our product and make learning a little more fun and intuitive every day.
To achieve this, we need an experienced and curious Product Intelligence Analyst to drive continuous user-centric innovation in our product. This is an exciting role giving you the opportunity to directly impact our product strategy and the way users perceive Blinkist.
This role is positioned within the Analytics team and acts as a bridge between Business Intelligence, Product Management, Engineering and User Research. It provides not only the chance to learn from various experts in their field, but also to leverage their strengths to deliver impactful results.
You will be joining our small but growing team of analysts and scientists helping Blinkist move data driven product innovation to the next level, while benefiting from our state-of-the-art data stack (AWS) and agile working methodologies.
– Drive the product strategy by establishing a thorough understanding of Blinkist user behavior against the backdrop of industry benchmarks
– Work in a full-stack setting with involvement in all stages of analysis, including: event tracking, KPI definition, data transformations, visualisations and decision-making with business stakeholders
– Develop an understanding of what drives the retention and engagement of our users by performing in-depth analysis such as segmentation, causal analysis etc.
– Own and manage the A/B testing efforts for experimental features and new business opportunities
– Be proactive in noticing data trends and investigate them further, enriching our data where needed, and proposing industry best practices
– Champion an agile mindset in product analytics and deliver quick value by creating MVP solutions that you can learn from and continuously iterate on
– Bring your product analytics expertise to the team and collaborate with our team of data scientists, data engineers and data analysts to create sustainable and performant solutions to complex business problems
– You have at least 4 years of experience in data analytics. In all or part of this, you’ve worked with a product team as a strategic partner.
– You have experience working in a company capitalising on mobile, especially with subscription business models.
– You feel highly accountable when it comes to your domain and your stakeholders.
– You have an agile, user-centric mentality as well as a proactive, independent way of working.
– You are a conceptual thinker and a problem solver; you are quick to respond to changing situations.
– You have a deep understanding of key metrics, analyses and tools used in product analytics
– You have an advanced knowledge of SQL and some experience in Python/R.
– [Bonus] Previous experience with the AWS ecosystem
– [Bonus] Familiarity with Matillion ETL
– [Bonus] Previous experience with event streams
– [Bonus] Familiarity with self-service analytics tools, such as Amplitude
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free language lessons. Use your development budget to attend Recsys, NIPS, other conferences or development opportunities of your choice. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you’ll get a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work at.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.