Product Manager – Learning Management
Product – Product Management
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new and exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
We are starting a new team that will create an exceptional learning management experience for our customers.
The problems we want to solve include:
– How can we enable customers to own their learning experience? To reflect on their goals, their progress and what they may want to learn next? To construct their own learning paths and journeys and then successfully complete them?
– What feedback can we give customers to empower them to learn better? To help them create a habit out of learning, if they wish to do so? To encourage them to make progress one step at a time?
– How can we best allow customers to manage what they have already read and listened to, when there is so much content? How do we enable them to easily resume what they haven’t completed, or refresh what they looked at previously?
– Lead your own Mobile Mission Team (cross-functional product development team) and work closely with engineers, QA and designers to continuously improve the product.
– Form a deep understanding of the customer problems you are solving through all means of discovery - data, competitive analysis, user research, etc. - and constantly communicate this to your team, helping them find the best solutions to these problems.
– Form a deep understanding of the Blinkist business and how your mission contributes to company growth and success.
– Work closely with your team to prioritize customer problems and come up with and test solutions. Enable your team to do their best work, rather than telling them what to do.
– Work with other PMs to drive the overall product forward and build one cohesive, unified experience across all touchpoints with customers.
– Follow a scrum process and an agile development approach to move the product forward, following a lightweight planning process.
– Consistently ship, test and iterate on improvements to the product on mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
– 3-5 years of experience as a product manager, shipping a product in an agile environment
– 3+ years experience working on a mobile product
– 3+ years experience working on a consumer facing product
– You’re great at product discovery - whether it comes from data analysis, competitive research or user research, you have all the tools you need
– Ability to elegantly work with and lead people across all teams and functions
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. You do not have to be a native speaker, but need to be able to communicate and convince fluently
– Focus on curiosity and asking questions: you’re not satisfied until you get to the root of a problem
– Focus on problems, not solutions: you know that good products come from finding the right problems to solve and that solutions come and go
– You’re independent - you can lead a product team to success and know how to navigate a fast paced start-up environment. You thrive on autonomy and challenge and don’t need a lot of direction to succeed, but love to work collaboratively with your peers.
– [Bonus] You have worked on an educational product
– [Bonus] You have worked on a content driven product
– [Bonus] You have worked on a self-improvement product
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.