VP People & Organization
People & Organization – People
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is a fast-growing business and company. We are over 130 people and plan to grow to 250+ people within the next two years in order to build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner. This is where you come in. As part of the company’s leadership team, you will help us to build out our business operations. You will play a key role in developing our organization while we are growing as well as help us to maintain and further develop our unique company culture.
– Lead: you will be part of the company’s senior leadership team and take over accountability to professionalize operations, as well as design and implement strategies and key processes to build a world-class organization
– Coach and Mentor: you will be an advisor for our People and Workplace teams as well as the lead of their team leads
– Plan and Align: you will run the company-wide yearly and quarterly planning and budgeting processes
– Build: you will support the founders by leading high priority cross-company initiatives like developing a company-wide leadership development program
– Communicate: you will handle internal communications around company objectives and milestones
– 8+ years of experience in leading business operation roles in companies with innovative company cultures
– You played a leading role in scaling a fast-growing company (e.g. COO in a small startup, VP Ops at a bigger organization)
– You have demonstrated strong leadership skills and have experience with building and leading teams
– You have a coaching mindset and love developing and growing people
– You have an entrepreneurial mindset
– You excel in goal setting and developing strategies to achieve them
– You make well-informed, effective and timely decisions, even when data are limited
– You gain buy-in and commitment from all parts of the organization through negotiating and providing solid arguments and data to back up your opinions
– You have a strong network
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.