Interim Senior Art Director
Design – Visual Communication
We are still hiring! Due to the ongoing public health crisis, we adopted a remote interview process until further notice.
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Contract: Definite (circa 8 months) 40h per week - Parental Leave Replacement
Working hours: flexible working hours and home office opportunities
Apply by: 31.05.2020
- Successfully take over the responsibilities of our Art Director who is in parental leave for 8 months
- Lead the art direction of the Blinkist brand within our marketing and communication channels
- Collaborate closely with in-house marketers to understand business and brand goals;
- Contribute to Blinkist’s growth by ideating and developing new creatives for our performance marketing channels within a cross-functional team
- Confidently lead design projects from problem definition to the release phase, while communicating with other teams and stakeholders to make design decisions clear and accessible
- Work closely with the whole Blinkist design team to maintain consistency across various product and channels and mentor less experienced designers by offering guidance and thoughtful feedback
- Celebrate diversity and have the willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
To be successful in this role, we believe you need at least six years of experience in the Design field with great focus on graphic design, typography, and illustration for marketing and advertisement. You’ll be essential in raising the bar for our marketing and brand-related initiatives. If you relish the idea of spearheading our quest to nurture and evolve an inspiring brand across our social media channels and other platforms then this job is for you! Beyond that, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you?
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, our Blinkist Operating System fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a permanent role based in Berlin-Neukölln or remotely with perks like a yearly €1,600 personal development budget, free plant-based lunch, a gym membership, public transportation pass, and 30 days of vacation. To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site.
Please send your application by May 31th, 2020. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.