Senior iOS Developer
Engineering – iOS
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for a senior developer to help us accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to our users with a feature development focus. You will ship features that affect millions of users and revenue.
– Take responsibility in driving the Blinkist iOS app from day one
– Work in a full-stack team with iOS and Android developers, product managers, backend engineers, QA, and designers
– Help develop product concepts for a clean and consistent user experience
– Assure high quality and robust code base, working with code reviews and unit tests
– 5+ years of iOS development experience in a professional environment
– Experience with shipping consumer-facing apps at a product-oriented company
– Experience in cross-functional teams using Kanban or Scrum
– A deep understanding of Swift and Objective-C
– Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
– The drive to learn fast and share your knowledge, to help increase the team's productivity with each sprint
– Experience in mentoring other developers is a big plus
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.