People Experience Partner
People & Organization – People
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Here at Blinkist we believe that listening to and focusing on people is crucial. Therefore, we need you to join our People team of currently 7 members to help us provide an exceptional people experience inspired by our values.
As People Experience Partner you will support our team in all people related matters – i.e. learning and development, team building, change processes, career and salary conversations, internal transitions, retention, decision making, self-organization, etc. You’ll be working as part of People Experience Hub that, together with our Talent Acquisition Hub and Admin & Advisory Hub, forms the Blinkist People team. Working closely with all People team members, you’ll also drive and contribute to various strategic people projects.
– Become the trusted People Experience Partner for specific teams at Blinkist – by observing, listening, and guiding teams and individuals through changes and challenges, enabling people to find their best solutions
– Offer support, coaching, and guidance to team leads and individual contributors in all people related topics
– Proactively identify trends and patterns of behavior, best practices and pain points within different teams
– Design and deliver tailored people programs that address those pain points and needs, and support overall business goals
– Mentor and coach less experienced team members, sharing knowledge and expertise within the circle, as well as beyond
Identify L&D needs, develop and execute workshops, and/or organize learning opportunities with external trainers
– Collect and analyze quantitative as well as qualitative data to track engagement metrics, and anticipate opportunities and challenges
– You have 3+ years of experience within HR, People Experience, Employee Engagement, Talent Management, or related fields
– You’ve experienced working in a fast-paced, startup environment with strong people focus
– You demonstrate the ability to support and consult the internal stakeholders around all people related topics
– You’re skilled at listening and deconstructing complex topics and ideas, clearly articulating problems and resources, and facilitating next actions
– You have a collaborative spirit – eagerness to share your work and knowledge, provide and receive feedback and suggestions from other team members
– You consider strategic thinking, self-organization, project management, resilience, and excellent interpersonal skills as some of your biggest strengths
– You like taking initiative and proactively addressing potential challenges
– You’d describe your way of working as analytical and data-driven
– You’re a lifelong learner, flexible and able to cope well with change
– You can write, read and speak English at a fluent level
– [BONUS] You’ve had experience in driving company-wide L&D efforts and training programs
– [BONUS] You’re a certified coach and/or trainer
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of HR Business Partner, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.