Freelancer – Writer
Product – Content
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things every day.
Our app was named by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At Blinkist, we deliver key messages from a wide variety of nonfiction books in our books-in-blinks, which are made up of 300-400 word long “blinks,” each explaining one key message from the book. In order to achieve this, we rely on a large network of highly skilled and experienced freelancers. We’re now looking to add to this awesome team.
– Read assigned books and capture the key messages from them
– Turn the key messages into grammatically and factually sound, engaging, well-written blinks
– Work with other freelancers
– At least two years of industry experience in professional copywriting, creative writing or journalistic writing
– A capacity to work for us at least 15 hours every other week
– A love of great nonfiction books
– Ability to read, write and speak English at a C2 Level
– Ability to read quickly and accurately
– A commitment to deadlines
– High responsiveness to feedback and edits
– Experience with Google Docs
– Excellent self-organisation
– [Bonus] Experience with psychology or business
– [Bonus] Experience with writing for audio
What’s in it for you
You’ll be a part of a smart, talented and exceedingly friendly team of freelancers who all contribute their specific skills to creating interesting, insightful and meaningful content for our books-in-blinks. You’ll not only develop the skills needed to efficiently analyze content, you’ll be able to stay up-to-date with the latest works in your fields of interest and expertise.
We know that freelancers often have to juggle many different tasks and roles; therefore, we have designed our process to be highly flexible. We try as hard as we can to ensure you can work whenever is best for you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.