Head of Customer Support
Customer Support – Customer Support
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is a fast-growing business and company. We are over 130 people and plan to grow to 250+ people within the next two years to build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner. As our Head of Customer Service, you will be responsible for providing high quality and efficient customer service to customers through the guidance of a team of 6 to include planning, mentoring, coaching.
– Provide feedback and regular coaching to each team member
– Conduct development plans for skill improvement through regular one-on-one meetings
– Be available for the team members who experience work and/or personal challenges providing appropriate coaching, mediation, and direction
– Ensure everyone on the team has appropriate training and any required resources to perform their jobs to their best
– Ensure a high overall customer satisfaction level and establish improvement plans
– Build and improve processes aimed at delivering an amazing customer experience and retention flows to positively impact the revenue
– Advocate a customer-centric approach
– Implement and constantly improve operational processes to increase team efficiency and improve customer experience
– Plan ahead, identify workforce needs and initiate processes as required
– Hire, onboard and motivate a team of great professionals
– +2 years of proven successful experience as a team lead and expanding Customer Service initiatives of a fast-growing company
– +2 years of proven people development skills as a team lead
– Strong experience in process optimisation and working with Outsourcing Partners
– Strong experience using and squeezing Zendesk and utilising customer support data, building up data-focused processes and task automation
– Experience in coming up with customer retention strategies through customer service channels
– Excellent communication skills in English and German at a C2 Level
– Smart, organised, fast learning, and resourceful growth mindset
– Ability to create long-lasting connections very easily
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.