Book Selection and Publishing Contributor
Product – Content
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
We are a team of curious, dedicated and smart people who believe in the power of learning. That’s why we offer content from a wide variety of nonfiction genres: Psychology, Career & Success, History, and Communication Skills are just a few of our 27 categories. Now we’re looking to both broaden and specialize our offering—this is where you come into play!
You will gain comprehensive insights into the nonfiction and publishing world, and work closely together with our Selection and Publishing Lead to find the most insightful and inspiring nonfiction books to be added to our library presented to our 10+ million strong global audience.
– Research books from 27+ genres: research, identify and select top nonfiction books for our main product
– Be connected to the industry: keep up with publishing trends around the world, stay in touch with our publishing partners, and regularly visit book fairs (London, Frankfurt) and book market-related events
– Manage publications: keep track of our in-app publications and make sure that everything we publish is ready on time
– Own processes: maintain our internal long-list and help improve our selection processes
– You have 2+ years of experience in publishing, selection or curation (books, music, arts, other media)
– You have a Master’s degree in the arts or humanities (with an affinity for business and economics)
– You take a broad view of the industry and identify opportunities for our selection
– You are comfortable with energizing a mostly independent role within our supportive Content team
– You are genuinely curious and eager to learn and grow
– You make pragmatic decisions in the best interest of our users
– You are conscientious and have great attention to detail
– You have an amazing work ethic
– You can speak and read English and German at a fluent level
– [Bonus] You have work experience at publishing houses or libraries
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.