Junior Marketing Manager – Podcast
Marketing – Performance Marketing
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
To build on our growth in the podcast marketing space, we are looking for a dedicated channel manager to come in and develop this into a major source of customer acquisition at Blinkist. We need someone that can take advantage of our existing relationships and seek new opportunities to introduce Blinkist to new, receptive podcast audiences. We need someone who can experiment, learn fast, and is quick to identify what is performing effectively.
About your team
This position sits within our Offline Marketing Team that manage all of our media-buying activities including TV, radio, out-of-home and podcast. At Blinkist we consider Offline Marketing as a function of performance marketing, so you will be part of a highly data-driven environment. You will have the opportunity to connect with the wider performance marketing team to share insights and integrate campaigns across channels.
– Take ownership of podcast marketing at Blinkist across all of our markets
– Negotiate arrangements with various podcast providers (networks, agencies, marketplaces, direct contacts)
– Develop a strategy for growing the channel, taking an inquisitive and proactive approach to research new test areas
– Support the performance marketing team in other audio marketing formats, including radio and streaming services
– Work with our Brand Marketing team to produce audio creatives that convert
– Constantly analyse and optimise your campaigns based on the results
– Provide regular reporting on strategy and performance in your domain
– Manage our agencies and network relationships to identify opportunities that match the goals of Blinkist
– 1+ years of experience in media buying, preferably with podcasts or in a startup environment
– Understanding of the podcast landscape and knowledge of publishers/networks.
– Experience managing multiple campaigns at a given time
– An eye for creative marketing messaging - what works and what doesn’t.A strategic and data-driven mindset
– Strong interpersonal skills to work with both external and internal stakeholders
– Ability to read, write and speak English and German at a fluent level
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.