Internship – Data Engineering
Engineering – Data
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities — anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Team: Data Engineering
Contract: 6 month internship with 40 h per week
Working hours: Flexible working hours and home office opportunities
Apply by: March 27, 2020
The Data Engineering circle develops data services and pipelines that drive business insights for product, marketing and our customer relations teams. We design innovative solutions based on intelligent data algorithms using the latest technology stack to enable data-driven decision making in the company.
- Data Operations: You design, implement, monitor, and oversee the data infrastructure software components in compliance with the architecture roadmap and data engineering principles.
- Data-Warehouse Operations: You develop testing procedures, run tests and approvals, ensure data quality, and facilitate integration of data to different downstream system.
- Innovation: You contribute to improve the data engineering stack and stand as the guardian of our production environment both monitoring and working on technical debts.
- Currently enrolled in a university degree program in software engineering, computer science, information technology or similar with a focus on data analytics
- Initial experience with Python, Node.JS, or Ruby
- Initial experience with data storage technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, MongoDB, or similar is beneficial
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, we value distributed authority amongst our team. We created our own Blinkist Operating System that grows along with us and fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a comfortable office in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly €1,600 personal development budget, free plant-based lunch, a gym membership, public transportation pass, and 30 days of vacation.
Does Blinkist sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Apply now and let us know why you’re someone we need on our team.
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.