Senior Software Developer – Data Engineering
Engineering – Data
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 12 million people around the globe to keep learning new and exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Today our learning platform generates more than 5 million events per day based on user behavior and engagement with our product that we enrich, transform, and transport to analytics applications to drive data insights. We are now getting to the next level of data challenges as we introduce new products for future growth and new initiatives.
- You design, build and support scalable, high performance data applications, services, repositories and governance related applications.
- You adopt data architecture standards and establish software architecture best practices for big data management.
- You optimize and transform our data analytics infrastructure.
- You manage the technical scope, architecture, design decisions and documentation before, during, and after delivery as part of one of our cross-functional mission teams.
- You work closely with data scientists, product analysts, backend engineers and product/channel managers to ideate and ship new features and experimental projects.
- 5+ years of experience in software-development with a focus on backend or data engineering.
- Extensive work experience in distributed data processing, serverless architectures, automation of data pipelines and/or other Big Data architecture best practices
- Experience with building real-time analytics solutions and streaming platforms using any of the AWS Infrastructure and services (Kinesis, EMR/Spark, S3, Lambda, SQS/SNS or similar public cloud offering )
- Comfortable working with Cloud Native databases (Redshift, Aurora or similar)
- Advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software, such as Clean Code, Pair Programming, CI/CD pipelines, TDD, and automated deployment
- Strong critical thinking and a result-driven mindset – You constantly challenge the status quo and want to come up with innovative and elegant solutions to improve engineering delivery and output to stay ahead of the market.
- [BONUS] Working understanding of container and orchestration services such as Docker, Fargate, ECS/EKS
What’s in it for you
- Permanent full-time position with a competitive salary, flexible work hours as well as a great home office and remote work policy in addition to 30 days of paid vacation per year
- An agile work environment of multiple cross-functional teams with distributed authority and a modern tech stack
- Find purpose in what you do in a product-centric, well-established StartUp with an international team that supports your relocation process
- We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support
- Get yearly public transport passes to get around town hassle-free, and take care of yourself with a yearly Urban Sports Club membership
- €1,600 learning budget – Get a yearly budget to level-up your skills and grow in your role
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.