Marketing Intelligence Analyst
Analytics – Analytics
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At Blinkist, data has always been in focus when it comes to optimizing our operations in the areas of marketing and finance. Over the past years, we have carefully tailored an analytical framework that helps us understand our current state and estimate future performance through clear metrics, complex transformations, and intuitive dashboards.
Now, we’d like to move it to the next level! With your help, we’d like to extend our framework to further areas of our marketing stack (e.g. brand and organic marketing) and advance our coverage in web and conversion funnel analytics. We would also like to improve our revenue and financial reporting to support our expanding product offering with the necessary insights.
– Build transformations using statistical and data warehousing tools (Matillion, AWS) to convert raw platform and performance datasets into marketing reports and dashboards
– Make sure the marketing data from various channels and campaigns are up-to-date (including paid social, paid search, native ads, and offline marketing), the transformations are running as scheduled and data consistency is maintained
– Analyze the conversion funnel on mobile and web. Perform in-depth analysis for large scale campaign/product/pricing strategies
– Define key metrics, identify trends and opportunities across channels, campaigns and consumer segments and use them to generate actionable insights for the marketing team
– Join key marketing decision meetings as an advocate of the BI team to uphold data-driven thinking
– 2+ years of experience working with marketing or financial data
– A deep understanding of key metrics and analysis used in marketing
– A strong analytical foundation with knowledge of SQL
– Proven experience in a fast-paced business environment
– Experience with drawing in data from various third-party data sources (e.g app marketplaces, payment platforms, mobile marketing attribution and analytics solutions)
– An excellent command of English: you know how to present numbers in a convincing way and establish trust with your stakeholders
– A constant will to learn and grow, and to share knowledge with others
– A pragmatic approach to solving problems
– A conceptual thinker and a problem solver to respond to changing situations quickly
– Experience with performance marketing channels (Adwords, Facebook,...) and payment platforms (App stores, Recurly, Stripe) will be considered a plus
– Experience with in-house automated marketing systems and/or attribution models will be considered a plus
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.