Working Student – Recruiting
People & Organization – People /
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We inspire people to keep learning.
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Team: People – Talent Acquisition
Location: Berlin or Remotely from Germany
Contract: Between 12 and 20 hours per week
Working hours: Set your own schedule
Apply by: Oct 01, 2020
As Working Student in Recruiting at Blinkist, you have a true opportunity to gain hands on experience in talent acquisition in the fast-paced tech startup landscape. Our approach to talent acquisition is highly collaborative, agile, and inclusive –– and we want you to help take this to the next level.
– You work hand in hand with our two recruiters in publishing and promoting new openings across all our business units. We use data-driven, predictive hiring forecasts and a strict sprint schedule.
– You creatively search for and actively engage with highly relevant potential candidates using platforms like LinkedIn, Xing, Google, and StackOverflow. The focus will be on positions in tech, but we don't expect you to be an expert yet and we won't limit you to them.
– You support gathering requirements, setting up the application and structured interview process, generating question sets and criteria, and reviewing incoming applications –– increasingly gaining experience with the whole recruiting process from publication to hire.
– You become a resourceful and trusted people team member that we can bounce ideas back and forth with and rely on for a constructive coffee chat. We love to break things to put them back together & make them better.
To be successful in this role, you should be truly passionate about building a career in staffing exceptional teams as a Recruiter or Talent Acquisition Specialist. That is the #1 requirement for this role. If you still aren't sure whether you have a good shot, consider …
– You should currently be enrolled at a European university in the final semesters of either a Master or Bachelor degree program in Human Resource Management, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, or another empirical scientific discipline. Ideally, this becomes a long term collaboration after your studies.
– You have firm knowledge of different aspects of reliability and validity. Generating hypotheses, running small-scale experiments, and quantitative data analysis don't scare you (no worries though – we value Excel skills over advanced stats).
– You are genuinely curious about the tech startup landscape and love getting to know people and their work beyond the small talk.
– You are highly organized, quick on your toes, and have a builder attitude. When you set a goal for yourself, you truly commit and follow through. You continuously reflect on how you work and optimize accordingly.
– Your English is excellent, your German and any other fluent languages are a plus.
– We work remotely most of the time. Still, you should already live in Germany, be willing to travel to Berlin every now and then, and have a valid work permit to work as a student here.
Beyond this, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you? We encourage you to refer to these bullets in your application.
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, our Blinkist Operating System fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a permanent role based in Berlin-Neukölln. Our perks don't try to keep you at the office and you can decide on your hours or work remotely whenever you like. We support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow in your skillset and career. At Blinkist, leadership is a sparring partner, not a micromanager. To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site.
This role is based in our Berlin office or remotely from Germany with regular travel to Berlin. Ideally, you can start by November 2020 or earlier. Please send your application by Oct 1st, 2020. We can't wait to hear from you!