Senior Product Manager
Product – Product Management /
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support them. We are committed to provide equal employment opportunity and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point after applying, please let us know.
We inspire people to keep learning.
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Contract: Unlimited at 40h per week
Working hours: Flexible working hours with a great policy for working from home
Apply by: November 20, 2020
As Senior Product Manager for one of the Web teams at Blinkist, you will run a Web Growth focused team to help us demonstrate the value of Blinkist to potential customers and significantly grow web acquisition.
- Lead a Mission Team (cross-functional development team) of designers, developers and QA using an agile approach to continuously improve the Blinkist web presence and grow our audience.
- Work closely with brand, marketing, design, mobile growth and web growth teams to shape a cohesive strategy across all growth teams.
- Together with your team, prioritize customer problems and come up with and test high impact solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Blinkist business and current performance to understand where and how you can deliver the biggest impact.
- Study and understand our data and working closely with the BI team, to ground all of your decisions in data.
- Collaborate with the user research team and interact with customers directly to understand what drives and motivates them and how we can better solve their problems.
- Understand the market in which Blinkist plays and the best practices when it comes to marketing, web and growth.
- Bring together stakeholders across teams, run brainstorming meetings and design sprints and follow-through on the best ideas.
To be successful in this role, we believe you need at least 5 years of experience in product or a product adjacent role and 3+ years working on a website that acts as an acquisition engine. You are expected to have a strong understanding of marketing and you have extensive knowledge of consumer growth strategy and tactics. Other things that are important in this role are:
— Strong data skills: you are comfortable with running tests and measuring significance.
— Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
— Experience leading a product team to success and know-how to navigate a fast-paced start-up environment.
— [Bonus] You have worked on a subscription based product.
— [Bonus] You have worked on a mobile product with significant acquisition through web.
— [Bonus] You have worked on a self-improvement or education product.
Beyond that, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you?
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, our Blinkist Operating System fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a permanent role based in Berlin-Neukölln. Our perks don't try to keep you at the office and you can decide on your hours or work remotely whenever you like. We support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow in your skillset and career. At Blinkist, leadership is a sparring partner, not a micromanager. To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site.
Please send your application by Nov 20th, 2020. We can't wait to hear from you!