People Experience Partner
People & Organization – People
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At Blinkist, we believe that listening to and focusing on people is crucial. Therefore, we need you to join our People team of currently 6 members to help us provide an exceptional people experience inspired by our values, and keep Blinkist a fantastic place to work.
As People Experience Partner you will support the Blinkist team in all people experience matters – such as learning and development, team building, change processes, feedback conversations, internal transitions and retention, decision making, self-organization, etc.
You won’t be working alone, but building and leading our People Experience Hub, that together with our Talent Acquisition Hub and our Admin & Advisory Hub then forms the Blinkist People team. Working closely with all People team members, you’ll also drive and contribute to various strategic people projects.
– Become the trusted People Experience Partner for specific teams at Blinkist – by observing, listening, and identify best practices and challenges within different teams, as well as facilitating knowledge sharing
– Mentor, coach, and lead our People Experience Specialists as well as team members you will hire in future
– Offer support, coaching, and guidance to team leads and individual contributors in all people experience matters
– Identify L&D needs, develop and execute workshops, or organize learning opportunities with external trainers
– Guide teams and individuals through changes and challenges by helping people find their best solutions
– Collect and analyze quantitative as well as qualitative feedback and data from the Blinkist team to track engagement metrics, anticipate opportunities and challenges
– Proactively identify pain points and lead or contribute to cross-functional projects that address those needs and serve our overall strategy
– You’re a certified coach, trainer, or mediator; as a plus, you're also a practitioner of Nonviolent Communication, Neuro-linguistic Programming, or Positive Psychology
– You have 3+ years experience in HR
– You have experience facilitating different meetings from regular 1:1s and retrospectives to confidential, sensitive and sometimes difficult conversations, and you continuously expand your kit of relevant tools and methods
– You enjoy developing strong relationships, and help others come to their own solutions by coaching, moderating, and mediating
– You have a collaborative spirit: you’re eager to share your work and you’re happy to provide and receive feedback and suggestions to/from other team members
– You count strategic thinking, self-organization, project management, resilience, and excellent listening and communication skills among your biggest strengths
– You like taking initiative and proactively addressing potential challenges
– You’d describe your way of working as analytical and data-driven
– You’re a lifelong learner, flexible and able to cope well with change
– You can write, read and speak English at a fluent level
– As a plus, you have experience leading a team or mentoring a junior colleague
What's in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.