People Experience Partner
People & Organization – People
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At Blinkist, we believe that focusing on people is crucial. Therefore, we need you to join our People team of currently 7 members to help us provide an exceptional people experience inspired by our values, and keep Blinkist a fantastic place to work.
As People Experience Partner you will support the Blinkist team in all people experience matters – such as learning and development, team building, feedback conversations, internal transitions and retention, decision making, self-organization, etc.
Our People team is organized in hubs: Talent Acquisition, Admin & Advisory, and People Experience. With the help of a more junior colleague, you will build out the latter. Working closely with other People team members, you’ll also contribute to "cross-hub" people projects.
– Identify L&D needs, facilitate knowledge sharing, develop and execute workshops, or organize learning opportunities with external trainers
– Guide teams and individuals through changes and challenges by helping people find their best solutions
– Collect and analyze quantitative as well as qualitative feedback and data from the Blinkist team to track engagement metrics, anticipate opportunities and challenges
– Proactively identify pain points and lead or contribute to cross-functional projects that address those needs and serve our overall strategy
– Mentor and coach a more junior People Experience Hub member
– You’re a certified coach and/or trainer with 2+ years of in-house experience; as a plus, you're also a practitioner of Nonviolent Communication and/or Positive Psychology
– You have 1+ year experience in HR or as a team lead with basic HR responsibilities
– You have experience conducting workshops
– You have experience facilitating different meetings from 1:1s and team retrospectives to confidential, sensitive and sometimes difficult conversations, and you continuously expand your kit of relevant tools and methods
– You enjoy developing strong relationships, and help others come to their own solutions
– You have a collaborative spirit: you’re eager to share your work and you’re happy to provide and receive feedback and suggestions to/from other team members
– You count self-organization, project management, resilience, strategic thinking, and excellent listening and communication skills among your biggest strengths
– You like taking initiative and proactively addressing potential challenges
– You’d describe your way of working as analytical and data-driven
– You’re a lifelong learner, flexible and able to cope well with change
– You can write, read and speak English at a fluent level
What's in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.