Engineering – Web
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Our web assets have always been a core column of our business success. We started with Rails 6 years ago and it worked out great: we shipped Blinkist Magazine, now visited by millions every month, our web app takes care of user sign-ups, onboarding, discovering and reading/listening to blinks from more than 3000 books.
– Build advanced web apps with state-of-the-art technologies, ensure that our web app is optimized for better user experience and high performance
– Contribute to product development and web tools other engineers are using, such as design system, data flows, library of components, AB-test setup etc
– Work closely with other engineers, designers, product managers to ideate and ship new features and experimental projects
– 5+ years of software engineering experience
– Passion for working with web front-end, writing clean and elegant code
– Close collaboration with designers on design style guidelines and features
– Strong critical thinking and an outcome oriented mindset – you constantly challenge the status quo, coming up with innovative and elegant solutions to improve engineering delivery and output, driving our technology forward to stay ahead of the market
– Great work ethics and communication - we value transparency and open communication. We solve problems before they arise and don’t let tensions get in our way of working together towards our shared purpose.
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We created our own Blinkist Operating System and foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
We offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln with perks like a yearly personal development budget of 1,600€, free lunch, a gym membership, a public transportation pass, language classes and 30 days of vacation.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.