Product – Content
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist prides itself on delivering innovative, high-quality audio content to our customers. By expanding from our main product, Blinks, to newer innovations like Minutes and the Simplify podcast, we’ve seen that we can add tremendous value to our customers by further exploring and improving on our offering in this medium. This is where you come in: we need you not only to drive the continued success of our core audio products, but also to help expand into new, creative audio endeavours to ensure we continue to delight our customers.
– Transform the raw recordings of our narrators into a final, high-quality product that’s ready for publication
– Work remotely alongside narrators and editors, addressing pick-ups/re-do’s
– Work with our narrators to produce the highest-quality audio possible
– Align with our production teams to ensure audio production runs smoothly
– Ensure that all final products are free of errors and makes for an enjoyable and informative listening experience in line with our editorial calendars and quality requirements
– Help us develop and produce innovative new audio products like the Blinkist Minute
– Investigate and address audio troubleshooting and logistics with the tech circle
– Love for audiobooks, podcasts, and audio content in general
– 3+ years experience with audio editing, mixing, mastering and recording
– Fluency in using DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation) for editing and mixing
– Experience editing written content
– Some experience using audio restoration software, such as Izotope RX
– Some experience working in spoken word audio content (e.g. audiobooks, radio, podcasts, or similar)
– Capable of considering content from a user’s perspective
– You can read, write and speak English at a fluent level
– [Bonus] You can read, write and speak German at a fluent level
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.