Freelancer – Audio Content Producer
Product – Content
This job ad goes out to all the visionaries who want to find a purpose in what they are doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 12 million people around the globe to keep learning new and exciting things each and every day.
Our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
At the core of Blinkist’s offering lies the content we offer to our users, and the secret to producing great, compelling content is a producer who helps produce our texts, preparing them for audio and ensuring we’re creating compelling written and audio content. This is where you come in. As a freelance Blinks Producer, you’ll work with our written texts to prepare a script for audio that is engaging, clear, and easy to understand to give our users the best learning and listening experience possible.
- You edit the written text and work with the writer to produce a clear and engaging script for audio
- You prepare the script for audio by adding notes and directions for the narrators who record the text
- You listen to the final mastered version of the audio to make sure the content is delivered in a clear, engaging, and easy-to-follow way
- Native or equivalent written and spoken English – you have excellent command of English grammar and are able to easily identify mistakes in a text
- 3+ years of content producer experience, preferably in the podcast, radio, or audiobook sectors
- Content editing skills, and a talent for ensuring the structure and content of written text is coherent and engaging
- Experience preparing scripts for audio with outstanding attention to detail
- Able to meet strict deadlines and ensure your assignments are completed on time
- Love of great nonfiction
- [BONUS] Familiarity with the blinks-format
- [BONUS] Experience with Google Drive and Google Docs
- [BONUS] Experience in directing narrators
- [BONUS] Knowledge of audio recording
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist we work very closely with a large team of freelancers, and we really value their contributions. As a freelancer, you’ll be a part of a smart, talented and exceedingly friendly team who all contribute their specific skills to creating interesting and meaningful content for our Books-in-Blinks.
We know that freelancers often have to juggle many different tasks and roles; therefore, we have designed our process to be highly flexible. We try hard to ensure you can work whenever is best for you. You’ll also have the freedom to work from wherever suits you.
How to apply
If you meet these requirements, we are looking forward to receiving your online application, including your CV, by Monday, January 27.
We ask you to complete a first test task as part of the application, which you can retrieve at http://bit.ly/FR-BP-20-1. After reviewing your skills and qualifications, we may then ask you to complete a second task, which takes about 3 hours and will be compensated. The earliest start would likely be mid-February.
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.