San Diego, CA /
Blink – Research /
Blink’s San Diego Research Team is growing! We are looking for a collaborative and user-focused UX Researcher to join the team to help us deliver innovative and impactful work to our clients. We are an evidence-driven design company, so if you want to come to an environment where you are surrounded by people who drink from the research fire hose, this is your place! We have innovative clients with challenging problems to solve and an amazing company culture that focuses on authenticity and balance.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a wide breadth of experience in various qualitative research methodologies, a collaborative, team-oriented nature, and have strong communication skills.
We would like to see examples of your past research work in your application. Please attach your portfolio link and any other work samples you can share to help us understand your approach to UX research.
A note about location: This role is based out of Blink's San Diego office and while we are a hybrid work environment, this role will require someone who is available to be in the office for research studies and some team collaboration. Our UX Researchers in San Diego get access to state-of-the-art labs and a beautiful downtown office space near all the best parts of San Diego!
What you'll be doing:
- Planning and moderating foundational and evaluative user research studies, including usability lab studies, remote studies, and field studies.
- Analyzing research findings and preparing high-impact reports and presentations for clients.
- Delivering insights that ensure the usability and usefulness of interfaces for our client's end-users.
- Meeting with client stakeholders to help clarify research objectives and propose specific tools and approaches within a pre-defined scope of work.
- Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of clients.
- Contributing to Blink user research and UX design practices through writing/thought leadership, internal projects, and collaborating with peers.
- Occasionally participating in business development efforts as a subject matter expert.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience designing and conducting a range of UX research activities.
- Formal education in a relevant field such as human-centered design, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, information science or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of usability research theory, methods, and practices.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate recommended design solutions for observed UX issues.
- A high comfort level with computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of user research tool(s), design best practices, and UX research methodologies.
- Experience working with design or product teams is a plus.
- Experience planning and executing quantitative survey research is a plus.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.