Freelance UX Researcher
Seattle, WA /
Blink – Research /
Blink is building a pipeline of talented freelance UX Researchers to partner with on future project needs. If you enjoy a freelancing culture, feel free to submit your information and we'll reach out if your skills match our needs. We love working with freelancers long-term, but work opportunities can come and go throughout a year. If you are looking for something permanent or FTE this might not be a good fit.
Most of our Freelance engagements are on project-to-project basis, that usually range from 1-4 months in length. Most opportunities are full-time, we could have part-time needs arise as well.
While we may not have a need now - that could change next week. Feel free to submit your information to us via this application and we'll keep you in mind as those opportunities arise.
What you will be doing:
- Freelancers at Blink work on both evaluative and generative research work. They apply a wide range of research methods and skills while interacting with client teams and their users.
- Moderating and planning usability lab studies and field user research sessions.
- Analyzing research findings and preparing high-impact reports and presentations for clients.
- Editing video highlights from research sessions.
- Meeting with clients to help define work and propose specific tools and methods.
- Delivering findings that ensure the usability and usefulness of interfaces for our client's end-users.
- Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of clients.
What we are looking for:
- Formal education in a relevant field such as usability engineering, human centered design, cognitive psychology or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of usability theory, methods, and practices.
- 5+ years of experience designing and conducting a wide range of UX research activities.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including leading client meetings.
- Proven ability to communicate recommended design solutions for observed UX issues.
- A high comfort level with computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of video editing techniques.
- A working knowledge of technology constraints and capabilities.
- Direct experience with user centered design projects.
- UX design experience is a plus
Blink is the user experience firm for the world's leading companies. We use Evidence-driven Design to create products that people use, love and remember.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.