Senior UX Designer
Seattle, WA /
Embedded – Design /
Blink Embedded has multiple Senior UX positions open within a key client account. These positions fall within the customer experience and app evolution, and emerging business teams within a larger business group.
As a Senior UX Designer you will work on complex, workflow-driven design focused on mobile, desktop, app, web applications. The ideal candidate has a high level of curiosity, empathy for our customers, a passion for creating the best customer experience, and a zeal for mining and analyzing data and research to drive optimal design solutions from concept to product launch. We’re also looking for a candidate with strong ideation, information architecture, prototyping, and visual design skills.
*Please include your portfolio in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of the user-centered design process, design thinking, as well as your final design solutions. We are looking for cross-platform examples, if you have mobile design solutions please include them!
We have multiple teams hiring within our client account, so please be sure to apply even if you only meet some of these requirements.
These positions have varying initial contract durations with high potential for conversion.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and executing product design activities within agile product development team(s) – producing deliverables and artifacts, including requirements visualization, participatory design, concept models, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, UX copywriting, and visual designs.
- Partnering with digital business stakeholders to define experience strategies that achieve the business goals.
- Working across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements, and within agile product development team(s) to breakdown features into user stories, that are ultimately groomed with detailed design prior to story acceptance.
- Providing feedback and direction to ensure intuitive and innovative solutions and driving consistency following established experience design principles and guidelines – in compliance with the global experience language and advancing the aspirational experience strategy.
- Providing constructive feedback to other UX Designers to ensure the team is delivering high-quality, data-driven experience designs and visual designs.
- Partnering with UX researchers and other product leaders to test and optimize the end-to-end digital experience, for the purpose of maintaining cohesion across the broader digital ecosystem and solving cross-application design challenges.
- Assessing and optimizing the performance of new existing products and services by conducting/participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data.
- Presenting work to product stakeholder and leadership teams.
- Leading our partner vendors and design agencies when internal resources aren’t available.
- Partnering with the development and design system teams to ensure design solution is implemented correctly and consistently.
- Relentlessly advocating for the customer’s needs every step of the process.
- Creating user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use case summaries to help deepen the organizational understanding of our users.
- Facilitating design-centered workshops and visioning exercises with cross-functional stakeholders based on opportunities identified through research.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in UX/CX, product design or interaction design.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Driven by user-centered and design thinking methodologies.
- Knack for creative problem solving and innovative solutions.
- Experience building and launching features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- Demonstrated ability designing intuitive and meaningful mobile apps.
- Solid hands-on experience with Adobe XD, Miro UX, and prototyping tools.
- Clear and articulate written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your stellar designs and tells the story of your approach and design process to solve complex problems driven by data.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Past experience creating customer journey maps or service design blueprints is a plus.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. This opportunity is with the embedded division of Blink. This division places talented candidates on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blink's largest client partners.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.