Senior UX Designer
Bellevue, WA /
Embedded – Design /
Blink is a UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. This opportunity is with the staffing division of Blink, Embedded. This division places talented UXers on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blinks largest client partners.
Blink Embedded is looking for a Senior UX Designer to place on a key client account. This individual will work on complex, workflow-driven design for a large telecom client. The work is focused on mobile, desktop, and web applications and the position requires experience in all phases of software design, from discovery and workflow definition to interaction design and handoff of detailed specifications to development teams. We are looking for an individual with previous experience with the full product lifecycle from kickoff to shipping.
*Please include your portfolio in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of the user-centered design process, design thinking, as well as your final design solutions.
This role starts October - late April, ideally extending through 2021. This position would be remote to start due to COVID-19, but the expectation eventually would be that this person would sit on site. Applicants must be located in the Seattle area.
This job is W-2, salaried with full benefits.
What you will be doing:
- Leads and executes product UX design activities within Agile Product Development team(s) – produces deliverables and artifacts, including requirements visualization, participatory design, concept models, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, UX copywriting, and visual designs.
- Works across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements, and within Agile Product Development team(s) to breakdown features into user stories, that are ultimately groomed with detailed design prior to story acceptance.
- Provides feedback and direction to ensure intuitive and innovative solutions and drive consistency following established experience design principles and guidelines – in compliance with the global experience language and advancing the aspirational experience strategy.
- Provides constructive feedback to other UX Designers to ensure the team is delivering high-quality, data-driven experience designs and visual designs.
- Partners with UX Researchers and other product leaders to test and optimize the end-to-end digital experience, for the purpose of maintaining cohesion across the broader TMUS digital ecosystem and solve cross-application design challenges.
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing products and services by conducting/participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as an interaction or UX designer required
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools and ability to learn new ones as projects require
- Ability to perform some research tasks including writing session guides, stakeholder and user interviews, usability moderation
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methods
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Knack for creative problem solving and innovative solutions
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Ability to commute and work on-site on the Eastside for some or all of the work week
Blink is the user experience firm for the world's leading companies. We use Evidence-driven Design to create products that people use, love, and remember.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.