Freelance UX Designer
All Locations /
Blink – Design /
Blink is always looking for talented freelance UX Designers to partner with on future project needs. If you are looking for new freelance partners please feel free to submit your information and we'll reach out if your skills are a match for our needs.
Here is a bit more information about what freelancers can expect when working with Blink:
• We work with Freelancers on a project-to-project basis. Projects at Blink usually range from 1-4 months in length. Most opportunities are full-time, but sometimes part-time needs arise as well.
• We love working with Freelancers long-term, but work opportunities can come and go throughout a year. This isn't a great fit for a lot of people who prefer more full-time, permanent work.
• Freelancers for Blink work on user-centered design projects. This could include design work like workshops, wireframing, prototyping, and user research.
While we may not have a need now - that could change next week! Feel free to submit your information to us via this application and we'll keep you in mind as those opportunities arise.
What you'll be doing:
- Working collaboratively on a project team to support the overall design effort.
- Creating workflow and experience map diagrams from research data.
- Creating wireframe prototypes for client review and usability testing.
- Working with or developing design systems.
- Conducting foundational research
- Presenting work to clients.
- Occasionally traveling to client locations out-of-state.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as an Interaction or UX Designer
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools and ability to learn new ones as projects require.
- Understanding of user-centered design methods.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knack for creative problem solving and innovative solutions.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design.
- Stong portfolio of work that showcases your best design work.
- Take ownership of work.
- Collaborate with other designers and team members.
- Work within a time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for learning.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.