Software Engineer (Back-End)
Blispay is a financial technology startup backed by FirstMark Capital, NEA, Accomplice and Founder Collective. Our first product is an everyday credit & financing solution that customers deserve and merchants need. Our founding team consists of experienced industry veterans from companies including Bill Me Later, PayPal, Bank of America, MBNA, Microsoft & Zynga.
As software engineer at Blispay, you'll be designing, building, and maintaining the software infrastructure and services that power Blispay. This position requires a passion for designing elegant, scalable solutions to complex business and technical problems. The role is a full-time position, based in Baltimore, MD.
- Work collaboratively with product owners, designers, and other engineers to design and build features that users want.
- Design and build fault tolerant, highly available, scalable systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system failures and recommend solutions.
- Hold yourself and your teammates to high engineering standards through a culture of continuous integration, test automation, and code quality.
- Experience designing back-end software systems and services.
- Experience writing production code in a common server side language (we use Java).
- Experience with distributed, asynchronous, message driven systems a plus.
- Experience with batch processing and ETL systems a plus.
- Experience with common data modeling, machine learning, and analytics practices and techniques a plus.