Data Science Lead
👋 It’s great to meet you. Thanks for taking the time to read about our latest job opening. Read on to learn a bit about Blocknative, get some insights into the role we are hiring for, and learn about our process.
Blocknative’s mempool data platform is used by some of the leading projects in the category. Every day our infrastructure captures hundreds of millions of rows of data, enhancing and enriching the data set.
As the data science lead, you’ll spend part of your time finding insights and helping to make our data more usable for our end users. And you’ll spend part of your time working with stakeholders in product and marketing to help us share insights with the community. We expect you to have clear communication and you should be excited about the opportunity to grow a team.
- Identify data, metrics, and analyses needs for partners; Initiate, develop, and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products
- Provide thought leadership and guidance, sharing expertise both internally and externally
- Apply the latest approaches and techniques to our mempool datasets with the goal of identifying patterns
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders and help drive a data-driven culture company-wide
- Ethereum experienced — proficient with the core concepts in the space
- Deep domain knowledge in statistics/ML and experience applying these concepts to blockchain transaction analysis.
- Data analyses using SQL, especially on multi-terabyte columns store databases
- Analysis and machine learning platforms such as Spark, TensorFlow, SageMaker
- Programming languages used for modern data science, such as R, Python, Scala
* We prioritize people above all else. If you think you’d add to the depth and diversity of our team but don’t fit these qualifications exactly, we want you to apply!
- We’re a bunch of data nerds 🤓
- Our CTO started his career at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab building real-time data streaming software
- We’ve published several reports that have been well received in the space:
- Evidence of Mempool Manipulation on Black Thursday: Hammerbots, Mempool Compression, and Spontaneous Stuck Transactions
- From Stablecoins to Crypto Dollars
- When One Billion Ethereum Transactions?
- Blocknative’s infrastructure records thousands of mempool events every second
- We’re backed by leading VCs
- Given our early stage, we strive to have you meet as much of the team as possible before extending an offer. Here’s what you can expect:
- Schedule a call with the CTO
- Schedule a call with the CEO
- Schedule a group interview with the Engineering team
- Schedule a group interview with the Product team
- Schedule a group interview with the Go To Market team
- Reference calls
- 📝 Offer
We hope you apply!
We are also open to exploring contract opportunities as we get to know each other.