New York, NY or Remote
Blockstack is looking for a Security Engineer to secure the Blockstack ecosystem including software and operations. As a security engineer you will predict and preemptively address potential vulnerabilities. Experience across a number of production environments including both start-ups and larger enterprise companies are critical. This person has a breadth of expertise including encryption, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, cryptography, and security best practices.
- Apply an applied cryptography lens to Blockstack protocol and Blockchain
- Implement security upgrades to the Blockstack browser, core, and API
- Deliver and implement software and operational security solutions for use across our team
- Preemptively address any potential vulnerabilities for malicious hackers
- Take responsibility for Hackerone Bug Bounties
You are obsessed with security engineering and planning, interested in securing a platform and token protocol, and are capable of establishing a holistic understanding of the various engineering pieces required to deliver a secure product. 10+ years professional experience
- Increased uptime of the Blockstack software
- Delivery of long term, securely tested software, including roadmap and implementation
- Ensuring safety of Blockstack team practices
- Expert knowledge of applied cryptography and cryptographic protocols, including familiarity with state-of-the-art academic literature on the subject and practical knowledge on engineering successful systems.
- Experience in the low-level implementation and protocol details of a widely-deployed public blockchain
- Strong background in security-oriented system design, with a focus on applied cryptography
- Must be able to identify and defend against plausible protocol-level and network-level attacks on the system.
Qualities + Traits:
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Excellent communication