New York, NY
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols and developer platform. Blockstack PBC’s mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
Blockstack is looking for a Senior Accountant to assist the Controller in day-to-day accounting tasks.
- Work closely with and supervise outsourced financial accountant’s work and assist in month-end
close activities including review and analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Help insource the accounting function and take compete ownership over recording journal
entries, preparing accruals, paying vendors and closing the books timely and accurately.
- Prepare annual financial statements, quarterly board reporting packages and MD&A (if
- Assist the Controller in implementing strategic initiatives to improve processes, strengthen
controls and upgrade software.
- Prepare for audits, be a key contributor in creating a complete package for the auditors. This
requires meeting all requirements of the auditors’ request list and preparing the package in
accordance with auditor’s timeline.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal controls.
- Special projects as they occur.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting degree required.
- CPA with 2-4 years of accounting/audit experience, preferably in a “Big 4” organization.
- Self-starter, independent worker and able to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a desire to keep communication lines.
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.