Head of Engineering
New York, NY
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols and developer platform. Blockstack PBC’s mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
We’re looking for a Head of Engineering to help scale our engineering operations across a number of products. In this role you will work with our core engineers to build and deploy large scale networks & systems like the Stacks blockchain and Gaia private-cloud storage, along with improving the development process of Blockstack user clients, and developer tools.
- Introduce engineering processes that optimize for speed of execution and quality control while opening up the Blockstack PBC engineering work to the broader open-source community.
- Ensure that the Blockstack open-source software meets high security standards and we go above and beyond the call of duty to protect Blockstack users.
- Establish Blockstack as a trusted name in developer tools where engineers can rely on our software and infrastructure on par with top (centralized) cloud platforms.
- Hire and retain the top engineering talent, set up on-boarding and learning opportunities for talented engineers who are transitioning from other areas to crypto protocols.
- Work closely with the CEO to set direction for the engineering org as we rapidly scale.
- Led a rapidly scaling, highly technical team of 25+ engineers before.
- Not only managed teams of engineers but have developed and deployed large-scale systems & networks yourself.
- Desire to work in a transparent open-source structure with many contributors (not reporting to you).
- A formal training in CS and can take a deep dive on design decisions with the core engineers.
- Familiarity with crypto protocols and blockchains or a strong passion to learn this rapidly developing technology.
- Passion for enabling fundamental digital rights for all internet users.
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.