Full Stack Engineer
New York, NY or Remote
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
Blockstack is looking for experienced full-stack engineers to help build our browser and developer tools for decentralized apps. This is a role for engineers who can collaborate with a team and work independently to architect and deliver feature upgrades and improvements on the platform. Engineering partners in this role have built features such as multiplayer storage and other critical features for our developer community. This person must be comfortable working in diverse development ecosystems and a have worked independently in a rapidly scaling startup. OSS experience is preferred as we are an open source project.
Things you'll work on:
- Implement Blockstack feature upgrades, improvements, and architectural builds
- Collaborate with a team to ship major product builds
- Deliver on rapid implementation schedules to build web functionality that is fast, scalable, and upholds smart development goals and principles
- Keep our users happy by maintaining the software, troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
- You have built a fully functioning, polished app
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Familiar with back-end languages and environments like Python and NodeJS, experience with SQL and other database systems
- Comfortable working on multiple codebases, with the ability to quickly understand new projects and tooling systems
- Experience integrating codebases with traditional authentication protocols like OAuth
- High-level understanding of public-private key encryption protocols
- Experience writing services interacting with cloud storage (such as EC2)
- Experience working for a rapidly scaling start-up
- Detail-orientation throughout the web engineering lifecycle
- Passion for delivering high-quality web functionality with quick turnaround times
- An open source project on GitHub with 25+ stars
Qualities & Traits:
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Proactive solution provider
- Excellent communication
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.